Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager to lead the delivery of customer-facing solutions utilizing a wide range of cloud-computing technologies and web services. You will work with a team of Solutions Builders and Technical Writers, and collaborate with Sales, Security and other stakeholders to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud solutions and supporting materials that accelerate the adoption of AWS.
In this role you will work closely with the Solutions software development team to deliver high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit. Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
In this role, you will drive the development of packaged solutions as well training materials, website content, and other architectural artifacts. You will also help design and improve team-wide processes for solution development and delivery, plus create and track metrics for your programs. The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter who will quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm. You must have a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a matrixed environment and drive high-quality technical products. You must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Own multiple, simultaneous cross-functional projects/programs from initiation through ongoing support
- Gather requirements, write specifications and ensure deliverables meet high quality standards
- Develop and manage comprehensive project/program strategies and plans and drive execution relying on influence
- Identify, track, resolve and mitigate risks to ensure successful delivery
- Track and regularly report on project/program progress
- Create, review and maintain program documentation
- Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures and reference implementations
- Represent programs to AWS leadership and the global Solutions Architecture community