Ready to lead a team of Applied Scientists for Amazon's Payment Products? We are searching for a Head of Machine Learning to create new ML applications and expand our current capabilities.
The Amazon Payments Team manages all Amazon branded payment offerings globally. These offerings are growing rapidly and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Our payments products (Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards, Shop with Points and Currency Conversion) provide the most innovative payment experience on and off Amazon. We manage a financial services ad serving platform (100+ billions of impressions per year) through Amazon’s purchase path where we offer Amazon branded and non-branded payment products and services. Our team of high caliber software engineers, machine learning scientists, research scientists, analysts and product managers use rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we target the right product to the right customer at the right moment, managing tradeoffs between click through rate, approval rates and lifetime value. We leverage the wealth of Amazon’s information to build a wide range of probabilistic models, set up experiments that ensure that we are thriving to reach global optimums and leverage Amazon’s technological infrastructure to display the right offerings in real time. We work closely with product managers to understand their business, collect requirements and deliver high value analytics and insights for the Amazon Payments team that drive acquisition, usage and loyalty. Our petabytes of data has the ability to improve the shopping experience for hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide. Our goal is to delight our customers with their purchasing experience. Those of us who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
We are looking for an outstanding people leader for our Applied Scientist team. Lead the team in putting Machine Learning theory into practice through experimentation and invention, develop new algorithms using machine learning techniques (such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, random forest, Bayesian networks, ensemble learning, clustering). Implement production code for learning systems and work with massive datasets.
You know and love Machine Learning and software development, can build machine learning models from massive complex datasets and can work with software developers and product teams owning customer experience. You are analytical, innovative, creative, disruptive, and you don’t give up. In this role you will have an opportunity to improve our machine learning engine and ad serving platform that provide personalized customer experience at a massive scale.
You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to develop scalable solutions to address Amazon Payments Products business problem and improve ad serving platform.
- Own the design, development, evaluation and deployment of new learning algorithms for predictive modeling.
- Work closely with software engineers and data engineers to implement prototypes and production codes.
- Conduct A/B tests to evaluate new learning algorithms and features.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Act as the point of contact and machine learning leader for the business. Represent the Machine Learning team inside and outside of Amazon Payments Products.