Software Quality Assurance Manager - Devices OS Connectivity
1 month ago(1 month ago)
A2Z Development Center, Inc.
Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers customer-obsessed consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle, Kindle Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
The Amazon Fire OS team is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to drive world class quality in the software platform that makes a one of a kind experience today, and will enable exciting new capabilities tomorrow.
The successful manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
Responsibilities include understanding how all the various parts of the Kindle software ecosystem work, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, overseeing the execution of test plans, and monitoring the progress of testing. The successful candidate is an experienced and hands-on manager who can build a high performing test team.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 7+ years of industry experience, including at least three years of hands-on testing and 2 years as a manager of a high performance quality assurance team
• Experience with test automation
• Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Demonstrate expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel