The ideal candidate will have a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field, and 7+ years of relevant work experience, including:
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in relevant field.
· Extensive experience applying theoretical models in an applied environment.
· Expertise on a broad set of ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian Non-Parametric methods.
· Strong Experience in Structured Prediction and Dimensionality Reduction.
· Expert in more than one more major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar) and at least one scripting language (Perl, Python, or similar).
· Proven track record of production achievements in language, search and personalization.
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
· Proven track in leading, mentoring and growing teams of scientists (teams of five or more scientists).
· Strong communication and data presentation skills. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.