The Amazon Appstore eSports team is looking for an experienced, innovative, and customer-obsessed Marketing Manager who will lead content strategy, social marketing, and engagement for our eSports efforts. We are looking for a candidate that brings enthusiasm for mobile games and is willing to dive deep and understand each games’ specific customer. The candidate will grow and engage with mobile gaming communities and develop customized content and marketing plans that support player behavior. The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing customer-focused and data-driven initiatives. The ideal candidate is analytical, enthusiastic, has a passion for community, creative problem solving, and strong writing skills.
The Marketing Manager must be an effective leader and strong communicator to work with key stakeholders across multiple internal teams. You will conceive, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and concepts—and guide those projects to completion. In this role, you will be expected to gain intimate knowledge of specific mobile games and engage with the developers, influencers, and the overall communities of these games. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth based on in-game player behavior) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
The successful candidate will have extensive experience running and managing multiple social marketing, content, and community programs and a proven track record of using multiple channels to drive adoption of a consumer service or product. The ideal candidate will have a passion for growing new communities and deeply connecting with customers. Key Responsibilities:
·Concept, build, and execute consistent and effective content marketing programs, including social and Twitch streaming, to grow mobile gaming communities and drive engagement.
·Partner with social influencers to better grow and engage in mobile gaming communities.
· Develop and execute content distribution plan with a focus on driving repeat engagement
· Create targeted messages and customer communications based on the key value propositions and use cases of our content and target audiences.
· Deep dive on specific titles by playing the games, engaging with the community through in-game chats and forums, and working closely with the developers to gain intimate knowledge of the games.
· Direct production of creative assets.
· Build and analyze key metrics and traffic patterns to measure attribution and performance of marketing programs.
· Engage with international teams to help them drive global successes.
· Create and present high-quality documents and presentations to senior leadership
· Determining the appropriate methods and metrics for measuring and monitoring marketing effectiveness.
· Lead cross-functional marketing initiatives and brand partnerships with key developers.