Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced candidate to build, own and manage the strategic plan and competency program for our top WWPS partners focused on the CANADA market segment. Regional Partner Segment owners at AWS are responsible for supporting the overall partner strategy for each segment, which includes go to market plans for our top consulting and technology partners along with supporting programs that are focused on driving demand in the segment.
As a senior leader on the WWPS Global Partner Programs team, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS by helping to execute on the CANADA PS partner strategy and driving acceleration of adoption within the CANADA PS segment. This role has a regional responsibility and will work closely with AWS product teams, partner development managers, solution architects, professional services, and our sales teams. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses and the Amazon Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in technology partnerships and cloud solutions along with strong business development, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and technical challenges to help build and convey compelling value propositions for AWS customers with our partners. The candidate should also have a proven track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with prior solution and program successes. Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work with the CANADA PS Partner leader to define the strategic plan for our AWS technology and consulting partners who are focused on Public Sector in CANADA, maximizing influenced revenue driven with and through APN partners
· Be the go-to point of contact for our Partner Development Managers in respect of understanding what Partner programs can be leveraged in support of partners focused on PS in CANADA
· Analyze, identify, and target countries where AWS does not exist to start new partner ecosystems
· Together with AWS Partner Development Managers, help build C-level relationships with our top PS focused partners in CANADA and generate interest in new AWS programs
· Represent the AWS PS partner strategy for CANADA to our internal and external stakeholders including the AWS sales teams as well as media coverage and industry events
· Help prioritize AWS investment in PS focused partners in CANADA to drive incremental results for both AWS and our partners
· Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI models
· Define and own the PS CANADA requirements and benefits of the Amazon Partner Network (APN) and WWPS Partner Programs e.g. Funding, Migration, etc.
· Work with cross functional groups including training and solutions architecture to build enablement programs that allow strategic partners to develop capabilities and achieve proficiency according to AWS competency standards
· Work collaboratively inside of AWS to drive new solutions to market with our product management, solution architect, and professional service teams
· Work collaboratively with AWS consulting partners to create solutions that combine our top technology partners with packaged implementation services
· Prepare and give business reviews to AWS senior leaders
· Effectively team with PR, marketing, legal, and support
· Identify strategic partners that AWS may want to recruit into the PS CANADA market segment which could include leading startups, consulting companies, and established technology vendors