Data Center Logistics Specialist
Amazon is seeking adventurous logistics professionals for our Amazon Web Services Team. These future Amazonians must hold a government clearance and be willing to go to one of three locations to complete specialized training to prepare for deployment in a data center region. It is expected that training will be completed over a duration of 6 months. Once training is completed, individuals will be relocated to the permanent location. Amazon Web Services invites best-in-class logistics professionals to join an elite team to build and maintain one of the world's largest information system infrastructures. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
Logistics Specialists monitor inventory levels to ensure that proper stock levels are maintained to support build and repair activities. They receive parts, maintain inventory, and check-out parts as needed to Data Center Technicians and Engineers. They will also be responsible for loading and unloading shipments and transporting parts between different locations, including localized driving of a variety of transportation vehicles. This position involves frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling of materials and products. Logistics Specialists will be required to keep precise records of all commodities going in and out of company. They must also maintain the cleanliness, organization, and safety of all workspaces.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a warehouse or distribution environment, as well as experience and knowledge of reverse logistics processes. Experience handling vendor relationships is helpful. Physical / Environmental Demands
- Requires standing, sitting, and walking for prolonged periods of time.
- Typically work is in a warehouse environment where the noise level is loud.
- Occasionally work is in an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate.
- Occasionally assist in loading and unloading shipments.
- Occasionally exposed to extreme cold or hot weather
- Work with and/or around moving mechanical parts
- Noise level varies and can be loud
- Temperatures between 40 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees