At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. We are taking all the industry trends and blending them into the critical foundation of utility computing: the network. Our goal is to become the infrastructure platform for the world and our team will make the bones of the platform “the network”, work flawlessly. Not only supporting Amazon.com at the global level, but amazing global companies.
Amazon Networking is looking for senior software engineers to build a platform to manage thousands of network devices; providing significantly improved control, visibility and predictability for Amazon’s global network. Our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering, network build and device management by building tools and systems to successfully manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world.
You are interested in being part of a high-bar team with global responsibility for network automation software used across all of Amazon’s businesses. You are interested in solving difficult software problems at massive scale. You want to talk to customers directly and design solutions that solve their problems through innovation and automation. You understand how to build software in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment. You are interested in working autonomously and owning your own code from requirements to launch and for supporting it in the field. You enjoy solving challenging problems and working in a fast-paced, flexible, collaborative team environment. Responsibilities
- Be part of the team that shapes the Automation future in Network Operations
- Lead software efforts, by assisting in designing new systems and collaborating with other teams to refine requirements
- Automate select network operation tasks through creation and maintenance of tools
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Support the operation our next generation data-center networks.
- Design and recommend optimizations of new and existing software architectures
- Participate in designs, taking into account the operational aspect where they will be deployed.
- Understand and contribute to software standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Mentor more junior staff in software automation engineers, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participation in interviewing