The Amazon Alexa Org is looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We need people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrate a high sense of ownership, and who want to have fun while they make history.
As a Program Manager for the Alexa Org, you will be responsible for driving efforts for Amazon services and products. This requires working with science and research teams to define goals and requirements for projects, working with internal team of Program Managers, Support Engineers and Researchers to assess project scope and timelines, diving into technical dependencies, and managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with internal teams as well as external vendors.
Specifically, the Program Manager will:
- Manage operations of the projects including schedule, budget, logistics, staffing and resource/equipment planning
- Partner closely with the research teams, cross-functional stakeholder teams to develop specifications for projects and ensure they can be executed effectively
- Act as a liaison between research, Hardware, Software teams ensuring there is alignment and all parties are contributing to the program objectives
- Have strong vendor management experience throughout the process of RFI, RFP, RFQ, PO, invoicing and set up quality control process of the deliverables for continuous improvement
- Work closely with external vendors to setup schedules, monitor progress, and maintain the high quality of work throughout the projects
- Own metrics related to collection processes and drive improvements in efficiency, throughput, and cost
- Continuously evaluate and refine tools and processes to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Utilize strategic thinking to plan/develop world-class processes and continually strive for ways to automate the processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical and logistical issues, and strive towards continual improvement of tools
- Use data and metrics to back up assumptions, make recommendations and drive actions
- Work with Researchers and Engineers to drive project goals and improve the process and efficiency constantly
- Travel to domestic and international locations as needed to manage remote teams and remote projects