The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace team is looking for a Global Category Lead for (AI) Artificial Intelligence to join our fast-paced team and help build our catalog of AI Solutions. As a Global Category Lead within AWS Marketplace, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our mission to bring Amazon’s e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered, purchased, and deployed by AWS customers. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and executing the recruiting, onboarding and go to market strategy for AI sellers on AWS Marketplace. The ideal candidate will be someone who is deeply excited about this space, and who is passionate about helping customers understand the value proposition of 3rd party solutions related to AI. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess a product management and business development background that allows you to engage with AI vendors to leverage AWS Marketplace as a channel. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the business, category, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive tactical execution of sales and business development goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the AWS MP Category Management team in helping to drive the overall Category and technical strategy as it relates to AI
· Determine and execute the recruit and onboard strategy for new AI vendors to list their solutions on AWS Marketplace
· Engage AI Vendors field organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., AWS service teams, legal, support)
· Manage complex contract negotiations and complex business requirements and activities which drive category specific selection.
· Thought leadership – develop compelling audience-specific messages and tools (product videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how to guides etc.) and evangelize AWS MP through forums such as AWS Blogs, Whitepapers, Reference architectures and Public-Speaking events such as AWS Summit and User-Group events.
· Develop and support an AWS internal community of AI-related Subject Matter Experts.
Knowledge of the AI & ML technology landscape with an ability to understand and articulate the business & technical architecture
· An ability to work with the broader AWS team to develop solutions that customers can procure and deploy through AWS MP
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with AWS MP product management and development teams to guide the direction of AWS MP for the AI community.
AWS Marketplace is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. Our job is to bring Amazon's e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered and consumed in the cloud. We have a long list of new ideas just waiting to be designed and implemented.
AWS Marketplace is looking for Global Category leads in emerging areas such as AI and IoT to contribute to grow the portfolio of providers on AWS Marketplace.
Successful applicants will have product management, program management and business development experience and well as an understanding of AI solutions. You should be very delivery-focused, with a track record of exceeding goals, customer-centric, and self-motivated. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.