Amazon Devices is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. The team develops relationships with retailers to expand product selection in physical locations where customers can experience all of Amazon's devices first hand in the real world. We balance complicated and competing tenets in our partnerships with offline retailers in order to provide our end-customers with world class purchasing experiences in our accounts' physical and virtual presentations.
As a Senior Account Manager focused on selling Amazon devices in the Amazon Devices Organization, you’ll be responsible for influencing and motivating internal and external partners in the passionate pursuit of customer delight. The successful candidate will be an experienced manager who can lead cross-functional projects to manage and develop enablement and demand generation programs. A self-starter who can listen, form insight, drive strategic vision and execute across organizational boundaries, they will be an all-rounder who influences stakeholders and business partners at all levels to improve program effectiveness and experience for customers. They will have a passion for voice technology, innovation and a willingness to constantly challenge the status quo. A desire for surpassing expectations and delivering a surprising and delightful result to all stakeholders will be key in this role, as will be the ability to build a strong trusted network within the Sales, Amazon Product Management, Operations and Channel Marketing organizations.
- Sell Amazon devices and accessories to our current National retail partners and develop new relationships in various assigned channels
- Manage assigned accounts and coordinate the extended team (e.g., forward and reverse logistics managers, channel marketing managers, accounts receivable analysts, EDI analysts) working within their account
- Oversee total inventory and in-stock levels at all of the account's distribution centers, stores, and online.
- Collect business and market intelligence
- Coordinate product transitions and distributor/retailer communications
- Optimize allocation of marketing development funds
- Negotiate trading terms (e.g., discount rate, advertising, placement, returns provisions, payment terms, freight terms) for assigned accounts
- Lead internal and external business reviews with key Amazon executives covering operational performance and strategic initiatives
- Forecast sales, determine allocations, and plan shipments for each product
- Manage allocation of samples and demonstration units within accounts.
- Gather product, packaging, and software requirements
- Resolve any financial issues
- Travel to accounts as needed (Estimated 10-20%).
You will get a chance to display your abilities including:
- C- Level communication skills, both written and oral/presentation
- Solid understanding of financial analyses
- Independence and flexibility
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Composed, poised and professional demeanor
- Willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Well-timed tenacity and conviction