Do you have passion for how the cloud can accelerate innovation for organizations of all shapes and sizes? At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are obsessed with helping customers revolutionize the way they build and run their applications, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. That is whether they are making a website, delivering mobile apps, training machine learning models, powering virtual worlds or sequencing the human genome. Our platform provides convenient access to an extensive selection of compute and related networking services, from EC2
, Elastic Container Service
, to Virtual Private Cloud
, Direct Connect
. Enterprises can migrate any workload to the cloud with a range of configurable, resource-optimized instance types, Batch
computing, Elastic Load Balancing
Do you have a knack for driving high-impact go to market strategy, building differentiating solution-level value propositions, executing customer and ecosystem adoption programs, and rolling up your sleeves to develop quality content? Are you one of those rare technologists as comfortable working with engineering teams as you are talking with a journalist? Consider joining the AWS Product Management team!
As an outbound-focused, senior product manager, you will own the B2B positioning, messaging and go to market strategy for one or more solutions in targeted industries. You will package capabilities, content and pricing to address key use cases, with particular focus on driving growth of workloads such as machine/deep learning, big data analytics, graphics, or gaming. You will get to work in Compute services, a large-scale business that most AWS customers use, and have a big impact every day.
Here are other qualities we desire in an outbound product management leader:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge, work across teams and make a big impact.
Enjoy communicating with customers and partners. You will have a passion for helping customers of all shapes and sizes, from hot start-ups to established enterprises understand how our platform can help take their cloud adoption to the next level.
Have an unbridled passion for technology. In 2017, AWS comprised more than 90 services, and we are continuing to innovate at a rapid pace. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and helping marry the most complex technical concepts into coherent solution value propositions that make business sense to customers and partners.
Be a role model for boundary-less collaboration. You will work hand-in-hand with inbound product management to feed market insight into features and roadmaps; support product marketing to repurpose messaging into promotional content, product launches and campaigns; and enable business development, solution architecture, sales and partners.
Possess a hybrid, results-oriented skill-set. While the ideal candidate understands the inbound activities involved in building great products, you prefer to focus your energy outbound on attracting customers and growing adoption of products. You are comfortable hands-on in the trenches executing on commercialization deliverables. Role and Responsibilities
- Analyze target market segments, segment sizing and ideal B2B customer targets, and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment
- Define solution value propositions for targeted vertical industries and contribute to the overall go to market plan, including the revenue forecasts, adoption goals, packaging, pricing/licensing, and partner/ecosystem strategies
- Build core content and compelling assets to articulate buyer value, industry use cases, competitive differentiation and benchmarking (customer case studies, videos, whitepapers, sales plays, presentations, how to guides, comparison tools, and more)
- Develop enablement assets and training materials for sales and partners (sales plays, first call decks, battle cards, videos, playbooks, white papers, and more)
- Execute and track demand creation experiments to build community and grow consumption of services, including innovative pricing / packaging approaches, special offers, promotions, and customer adoption programs
- Support marketing in repurposing core content into awareness/website/promotional materials and monitor the results of product launches, evangelism activities and marketing campaigns to reach target audiences effectively
- Establish customer and sales feedback loops to synthesize feedback and consolidate feature requests, providing category/industry/workload specific requirements to inbound product management and driving follow-up actions and communications
- Deliver internal enablement activities, support trade shows and interact with customers/partners
- Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, solutions architects, services, and evangelists to achieve business goals