Would you like to own driving the revenue for a leader in the Cloud Computing business in the National Security community? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services by engaging with key national security customers, systems integrators and solutions providers who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions?
As a Principal Sales Representative within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on key National Security agencies, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, etc). Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business for specific national security customers. You will drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define, identify, and pursue key opportunities.
You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with these agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at senior military and civilian levels, as well as a strong technical background that enables them to easily interact with staff officers, contracting officials, software developers, and architects. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the US Federal team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy
- Identify, engage and close business within the Intelligence community
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities
- Understand and navigate US Federal Contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the federal government
- Execute the strategic sales & business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.)
- Develop and manage the sales pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers
- Leverage Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems to properly forecast and communicate opportunities
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers