Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them a fast paced, technologically sophisticated and friendly work environment.
Economists at Amazon will be expected to work directly with the chief economist and senior management on key business problems faced in retail, international retail, cloud computing, third party merchants, search, Kindle, streaming video, and operations. Amazon economists will apply the frontier of economic thinking to market design, pricing, forecasting, program evaluation, online advertising and other areas. You will build econometric models, using our world class data systems, and apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment. Economists at Amazon will be expected to develop new techniques to process large data sets, address quantitative problems, and contribute to design of automated systems around the company.
- Develop new econometric models using scalable techniques
- Extract data for analysis and model development from large, complex datasets
- Closely work with engineering teams to build scalable, efficient systems that implement prototypes in production
- Apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment
- Distill problem definitions from informal business requirements and communicate technical solutions to senior business leaders
- Drive innovation and best practices in applied research across the Amazon research science community
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation