By 2020, it is estimated that there will be 13B addressable smart home devices in the US and that the global smart home industry, which includes smart entertainment, smart environment (e.g., lighting, thermostats), and smart security will reach $58.7 billion (17% 5-year CAGR). 54% of US consumers are excited about smart home technology, yet only 6% of households have adopted it to date, highlighting the opportunity for growth. The vision for Smart Home Services is to tackle this segment by building a work-force of Amazon employees who are experts in smart home technology to deliver, install, and set up Alexa devices to create the Amazon smart home.
Amazon is looking for an experienced and inspirational leader who has an obsession with Customer satisfaction and a passion for consumer technology. The Manager of operations will be responsible for managing field technicians within the Ft. Myers metro area. The manager will ensure the field technicians are current on the latest technology and are delivering exceptional customer service on each home visit. On occasion, the manager will perform the duties of the field technician and service Amazon customers in their home. The successful candidate will have an immediate and distinct impact on the experience of Amazon Customers and therefore a strong record of Customer obsession, high judgment, and delivery of results are key requirements for the role. Additionally, the successful candidate must have a curious mind and a desire to learn new technology as the role will support a variety of products. Amazon will provide technical and Customer service training and offers benefits including Amazon stock, paternity and maternity leave, and paid vacation. If you love helping people solve challenging technical problems and leading a team, then this is the role for you.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Manage performance and behavior of field technicians through effective 1:1 meetings, job shadowing, coaching, and mentorship
- Hire, train and manage the development of field technicians
- Inspire the field technicians to perform at their best
- Create a culture where technicians are empowered to solve problems, but also feel comfortable to reach out for assistance
- Create shift schedules that align with customer demand
- Ensure that field technicians have a clear understanding of the performance and behavior criteria and how it impacts customer satisfaction
- Occasionally travel to Customers’ homes to set up or help troubleshoot technology products to stay current with the customer experience
- Implement, monitor, and report performance metrics and identify opportunities to drive performance improvement
- Review products and provide helpful guides through blog entries or videos
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor, always portraying the company in a positive light
- Share Customer feedback and insights with fellow field technicians and other Amazon teams