Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Machine Learning (ML), Dialog Management, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), and Audio Signal Processing, in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Development Manager to build the massively parallel computing infrastructure used by our research scientists to develop the next generation of Alexa.
As Senior Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of our parallel computing platform and machine learning infrastructure systems. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems, and will own defining the road map for your group.
- Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- Customer engagement and product road map definition.
- The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing solutions to complex problems in a distributed systems environment.