Interested in devices such as Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TV?
We are the team that manages the app catalog for Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TVs. If you are excited by technology and working in a fast-paced challenging environment drives you, we would love to have you as part of the Amazon team in downtown Seattle. This team drives the ingestion and certification process for every Android app in our store. This involves managing the entire app life cycle - from the moment a developer submits to the time it’s live and consumed by the public – to ensure a high-quality experience for Fire Tablet and Fire TV users. Bonus points if you’re one of them!
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and tech-savvy Content Policy Lead/Program Lead to perform digital content evaluation on apps consumed on Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TV. You will develop and manage initiatives to help processing of new submissions and re-submissions to include record creation, download, install, and testing of digital content to ensure it meets Amazon’s high quality bar. You will also work closely with program and product management teams to propose improvement opportunities, brainstorm solutions, and drive resolution. Above all, you will play a vital role in helping us meet our app selection expansion goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience. The right person for this role will have solid experience delivering successful projects, and managing deadlines and risks across multiple global teams. She/he will be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form, to stakeholders and cross-functional team members to deliver scalable programs and launch cool new devices and features to global customers.
Our environment is very fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, energetic, a "doer", biased for action, very detail-oriented; one who holds high personal standards and is comfortable tracking many threads across many teams.
As a Policy Lead, you'll own end-to-end project & process delivery for Content Policy projects and coordinate across multiple cross-functional and globally-based teams to make things happen. You'll deliver results when faced with ambiguous circumstances and roadblocks. Your judgment and intuition are right, a lot, and you know when to ask the right questions. As a Content Policy Lead you will:
· Focus on projects for a global program - Content Policy
· Deliver basic to moderately-complex projects from initiation through delivery.
· Gather requirements from operations managers, write clear and detailed functional specifications, and drive delivery of project collaboration with other program managers.
· Manage the creation of policies and drive operational process improvements.
· Drive Content policy escalations to closures.
· Reviewing, prioritizing & delivering operations improvement opportunities.
· Download, install, and test apps on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and non-Amazon devices to ensure digital content adheres to Amazon’s content policies and quality bar.
· Work with the program management teams to address content issues as required.
· Maintain detailed and accurate evaluation notes on issue tracking.
· Identify and champion process improvement ideas and systems enhancements that could increase the productivity or quality of our content operations.
· Play a vital role in helping us meet our daily catalog goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience.
· Work closely with the broader Amazon team to triage, address, and resolve issues.
· Audit assumptions and drive change with data-driven analysis and decision-making.