Interested in devices such as Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TV?
We are the team that manages the app catalog for Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TVs. If you are excited by technology and working in a fast-paced challenging environment drives you, we would love to have you as part of the Amazon team in downtown Seattle. This team drives the ingestion and certification process for every android app in our store. This involves managing the entire app life cycle - from the moment a developer submits to the time it’s live and consumed by the public – to ensure a high-quality experience for Fire Tablet and Fire TV users. Bonus points if you’re one of them!
We are seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, Content Security Lead/Program Lead to perform digital content evaluation on apps consumed on Amazon’s Fire Tablets and Fire TV. You will develop and manage initiatives to help processing of new submissions and re-submissions to ensure software is free of malware, adware, or other potentially unwanted applications (PUAs). This will include record creation, downloading, installing, and testing of digital content to ensure it meets Amazon’s high quality bar. In addition to app security you will also focus on fraud detection and identification of bad actors. You’ll work closely with fraud prevention teams and external security vendors to build profiles and use machine learning techniques to catch fraudulent vendors. You will also partner with program and product management teams to propose improvement opportunities, brainstorm solutions, and drive resolution. Above all, you will play a vital role in helping us meet our app selection expansion goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience. The right person for this role will have solid experience delivering successful projects, and managing deadlines and risks across multiple global teams. She/he will be able to effectively communicate, both orally and in written form, to stakeholders and cross-functional team members to deliver scalable programs and launch cool new devices and features to global customers.
Our environment is very fast-paced and requires someone who is flexible, energetic, a "doer", biased for action, very detail-oriented; one who holds high personal standards and is comfortable tracking many threads across many teams.
As a Content Security Lead, you'll own end-to-end project & process delivery for catalog security projects and coordinate across multiple cross-functional and globally-based teams to make things happen. You'll deliver results when faced with ambiguous circumstances and roadblocks. Your judgment and intuition are right, a lot, and you know when to ask the right questions.
As a Content Security Lead you will:
· Focus on projects for a global program – Content Security
· Deliver basic to moderately-complex projects from initiation through delivery.
· Work with teams to gather requirements, write clear and detailed functional specifications, and drive delivery of projects in close collaboration with other team members.
· Manage the creation of policies and drive operational process improvements.
· Drive security policy escalations to closure.
· Reviewing, prioritizing & delivering operations improvement opportunities.
· Download, install, and test apps on Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and non-Amazon devices to ensure digital content adheres to Amazon’s app security policies and quality bar.
· Work with the program management teams to address content issues as required.
· Work closely with our app security partners to analyze and triage new app submissions based on new and existing malware definitions.
· Sift through massive volumes of data using BI tools to identify bad actors and build profiles to assist in bad actor detection.
· Maintain detailed and accurate evaluation notes on issue tracking.
· Identify and champion process improvement ideas and systems enhancements that could increase the productivity or quality of our content operations.
· Play a vital role in helping us meet our daily catalog goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience.
· Work closely with the broader Amazon team to triage, address, and resolve security-related issues.
· Audit assumptions and drive change with data-driven analysis and decision-making.