For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Americas Sales Strategy & Operations (SSO) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across Canada, the US and LATAM to enable AWS teams to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
AWS is seeking a talented and experienced internal Communications Manager
to join the Americas Commercial Sales Strategy & Planning team
to build a culture of best practice sharing, collaboration, and knowledge sharing across the Americas sales and solution architecture organization. The Communications Manager is responsible for the AWS Americas communications strategy and programs which includes enabling sales leaders and sales support teams to effectively communicate information consistently throughout the organization. This communication will clarify AWS Americas strategy to all levels of the organization, and will connect the dots for all employees across our organization for how their work contributes to the larger AWS Americas vision and strategy.
You will identify the most appropriate communications vehicle (white papers, all hands meetings, video messages, newsletters, blogs, internal social media tools, team meetings, etc.), create content, and teach others how to develop and deliver content in alignment with our communications strategy. You will be responsible for ensuring we have mechanisms in place for multi-directional feedback from our communications, and a closed loop to act on that feedback. In addition to your core responsibilities, there will be plenty of opportunities for you to get involved in projects.
You will be responsible for writing and managing content for the AWS Americas internal sales portal and develop a comprehensive resource center that provides the tools, content, and other important information our field employees need to effectively serve customers. You will work closely with stakeholders across the company to distill vast amounts of information about key business initiatives, AWS services, sales programs and methodologies, and business processes into clear, concise communications that provide the knowledge our sales organization needs to work efficiently and effectively. This role is responsible for raising the bar on writing standards.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated internal communications professional and a team player with the ability to quickly adapt and deliver quality results in partnership with multiple stakeholders across a complex, matrixed organization. You not only possess exceptional copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts, but you also excel at writing for end users and working backwards from the intended audience to produce compelling content. Responsibilities Include:
- Guide the AWS Americas Sales leadership team through the development of our organizational identity
- Develop and execute highly innovative global internal communications strategies to engage a dynamic employee base
- Proactively build and manage relationships with our key internal stakeholders across the Americas
- Provide expert internal communications counsel to diverse groups across the organization
- Use internal communications tools to engage our entire Americas team
- Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize impact; and manage and support crisis communications, as needed
- Develop and manage internal communications (for example, intra- or cross-divisional messages, talking points, frequently asked questions (FAQs), employee-facing promotional materials, presentations, articles)
- Develop communication plans for major change initiatives
- Develop and drive the execution of multiple business plans and campaigns for internal communications
- Identify and implement new and innovative communication ideas
- Distill technical information, complex business processes, and change impacts into crisp, user-friendly communications that resonate with a variety of audiences
- Manage end-to-end execution of communications, including assessment, writing, review, and publishing ranging in size, impact, delivery vehicle, and turnaround time
- Drive and develop efficient operational processes to manage intake of communication requests from various stakeholders
- Review communications written by other team members and partners and provide feedback