The Amazon Fire Tablet team is looking for a motivated self-starter who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. A successful candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, deep knowledge of database solutions as well as a passion for problem-solving. Ideally, you are comfortable with ambiguity and accessing and working with data from multiple sources. You will work with large diverse data sets to discover and solve real world problems. Candidates will build metrics suites and business cases around key program performance indicators. You will be responsible for understanding the health of the business, and driving forward thinking analysis.This is a perfect position for someone who loves big data and knows how to work fast and efficiently.
As you further your career as a Sr. Data Engineer, you will focus on improving the success of our business. You will work on projects that improve the customer experience and drive value to Amazon. We are focused on your success and want to build strong leaders within Amazon Fire Tablets. You can expect to leverage your analytical skills and have full ownership of the projects you work on.
Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action, deep dive, attention to details, ownership and customer-obsession.
In this role you will:
· Fully own and operate a dense compute Redshift cluster.
· Interface with business customers, gather requirements and develop new datasets in data warehouse / redshift.
· Build and migrate the complex ETL pipelines from Oracle system to Redshift and Elastic Map Reduce to make the system grow elastically
· Optimize the performance of business-critical queries and deal with ETL job related issues
· Tune application and query performance using Unix profiling tools and SQL
· Identify the data quality issues across Oracle and Redshift to address them immediately to provide great user experiences
· Extract and combine data from various heterogeneous data sources
· Design, implement and support a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
· Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Measure the metrics of our business and propose/implement projects to improve these metrics