Principal Business Development, Database Freedom Migration Acceleration Program
Would you like to engage with senior business and technical leaders of companies to help them achieve extensive business value by migrating and replatforming their DB workloads to AWS? Are you interested in defining a programmatic approach to help these customers, while working with our account and sales teams, Professional Services teams, Partners, and BD teams?
As Business Development Manager, Database Freedom Program, you have an opportunity to help the customer understand the business value of these opportunities, share the structured path forward for them to successfully execute the migrations and achieve the business outcomes, and pull in the partner, professional services and other teams needed to help the customer be successful. You will be responsible for engaging and presenting to senior customer executives to build momentum for the opportunities and working with account teams to progress them. You must be effective at working with customers to describe the business opportunity from migrating and replatforming from existing DB solutions, how they can unlock the value from the projects, and how they can follow the structured approach to reduce risk and achieve their business outcomes. You should be comfortable working with cross functional global teams in dynamic organizations as the program will have interdependencies with other teams within AWS. Typically cross-functional collaboration includes business development teams, solutions architecture, marketing, partners, professional services, compliance, product, sales enablement, sales operations, and other related teams.
The right candidate will have experience working with enterprise customers on replatforming from traditional DB environments, understand the licensing approaches of their legacy vendors, and have deep understanding of these DB platforms to successfully provide guidance to customers. This involves a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong technical understanding and deep knowledge of leading DB platforms, ability to engage and help customers crystallize business benefits of their migrations, demonstrating a good understanding of cloud solutions, and a passion for helping customers transform using cloud technologies. Role & Responsibilities
- Working backwards from helping customers achieve business outcomes, present to customers the opportunity to migrate and replatform DB workloads to AWS, working with the field teams.
- Help customers understand the business benefits of these migrations and how they can structure an approach to unlock the licensing savings and performance benefits of the AWS
- Develop new opportunities and create compelling proposals to help customers achieve business value from migrations, provide the path forward for customers to build migration plans and business cases, and ensure clarity on AWS’s value proposition(s) for the customer as they move or replatform their workloads to AWS.
- Collaborate with the technical and industry teams to exchange consistent outcomes and requests from customers through these engagements.
- Build dashboards and reporting mechanisms to capture results and improvement opportunities. Periodically present progress to executive leadership.
- Conduct customer briefings, present at customer events, further AWS thought leadership in the IT transformation domain.