Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. This is an opportunity to join a growing team that is working to build an exciting new Amazon business in voice.
We are seeking an innovative and highly motivated User Researcher to join our Research and Analytics team. Our research work ranges from formative to evaluative studies, immersive field research to rigorous usability and lab studies to address research needs for all phases of design and product development. You are a good fit for this position if you are an excellent communicator, knowledgeable about UX design, comfortable in a fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the user experience of the Alexa service. You should have broad skills in user research, product research, and design research methods and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. You will work with minimal direction to quickly deliver high-quality outputs. There will be overlapping projects, so you are good at multi-tasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. Most of all, you're excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations. Responsibilities
· Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers through field research, surveys, personas, lab studies, and other methods (existing or invented) that you identify to be most effective.
· Work closely with product and design teams to identify research topics, and build a research roadmap; communicate and refresh on a regular basis to ensure relevancy.
· Ability to create research roadmaps that impact product lifecycles using a variety of appropriate techniques.
· Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Ability to develop metrics that appropriately reflect the user experience quality of a feature, product or system.
· Understand different data types from different sources and perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings.
· Work cross-functionally with design, product management, engineering, and marketing to communicate results and recommendations, and advocate on behalf of our customers.