Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. Echo is always ready – talk to friends and family with Alexa calling and messaging or just ask for information, music, news, weather, and more.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of Alexa capabilities. A successful candidate will have an established background in building customer facing products and services at scale, the ability to build and manage a team of skilled engineers, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.