Cloud Support Engineer - Storage & Content Delivery
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. Overview
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working directly with customers. This role supports our services that focus on Storage and Content Delivery technologies including S3, SES, CloudFront, Storage Gateway, Elastic Transcoder, Glacier, and Snowball. Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests.
You will be surrounded by people who are passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- Interact with engineers from leading technology companies around the world
- Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, tier 2.5 / SME, team lead, and technical account manage
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 6 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time of 8 or 10 AM.
- Open to working 1 weekend day as part of an offset 5 day week (Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)