Alexa Smart Home is focused on making Alexa the user interface for the home. Using your voice to control lights, entertainment, and other appliances and electronics is simple and easy.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers.
Meet the Alexa Software Team:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpXEsrjcj6Y
Charlie Kindel, Director, Alexa Smart Home, CEDIA Keynote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tatp2M5hG-M
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to design and implement highly-visible core infrastructure that manages all internal and third-party smart devices with respect to entity resolution and implicit targeting. You will work with machine learning and natural language understanding teams within Alexa and Smart Home.These systems are the underlying foundation to upcoming and future innovation.
Some info about this opportunity and our team:
- The changes we make directly impact the customer experience usage of smart devices.
- This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa – with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
- You will design and deliver solutions to highly ambiguous challenges that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
- You will recruit, hire, and develop the industry’s top engineering talent.
- This is a great position for someone who likes backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
- We’re looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
The Senior Software Development Engineer will:
- Solve complex architecture and business problems in an extensible and simplified way
- Define and influence technical strategy and software architecture
- Innovate on and expand distributed systems
- Apply core software engineering skills daily – such as coding in Java, OO and systems design, and problem solving – while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills
- Be involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture
- Mentor other developers on the team or across teams
The ideal candidate has a track record of launching projects with Java/C#, C++, Perl, and distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform as well as deep expertise in mobile application platforms.