The IVONA team designs and develops web-based tools for linguistic data collection and analysis,. In our team innovation and core technologies merge to build brand new linguistic features and quality assurance capabilities to continuously improve Amazon’s products.
We are seeking a Data Associate to join our data team. This role focuses on speech and language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Data Associate must be capable of:
- Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
- Contributing toward device interaction deliverables
- Delivering high quality under aggressive deadlines
- Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
- Working autonomously with minimum direction
- Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
- Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the DA will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Linguist should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The DA must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy as well as show proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems.