Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities. Overview:
The AWS Support team is seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems, working with customers, and have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux/Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops.
The Database role primarily supports our managed database service, RDS and our data warehouse service, Redshift. Support engineers assist customers on a wide variety of topics including: database cloud architecture, database migration, and troubleshooting complex performance issues. The position offers the chance to learn and master a wide variety of database engines, from commercial engines (Oracle and SQL Server) to open source engines (PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MariaDB), and Amazon engines (Aurora and Redshift). Our support engineers are also the “voice of the customer” and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. If you’re experienced in database and system administration and you are more comfortable “getting your hands dirty” than using a search engine for solutions, then we’re looking for you! Why AWS Support?
- Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time of 8 or 10 AM
- Open to working one weekend day (Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs).
- Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 6 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
- Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
- Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, escalation engineer, Subject Matter Expert (SME), team lead, technical account manager, and operations manager
- Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.