Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day.
AWS Finance seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to support the Services and Product Development organization. The Services and Product Development organization builds and operates web services (EC2, S3, etc) at massive scale. This role provides leadership and strategic support and leads a team that provides key project analyses, timely reporting and forecasting, and crucial controllership for this team. This includes driving usage and Revenue planning, margin analysis and service P&Ls.
The successful candidate will be able to think strategically, tactically, and analytically. They will have a demonstrated ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
Key Responsibilities Include:
-Interact with stakeholders at multiple levels and lead teams to define and deliver solutions.
-Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical and process constraints.
-Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities.
-Deliver timely, accurate analysis which simplifies the economics of a complex business
Ideal Candidate Profile / Educational Requirements:
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree.
MBA from a highly regarded business school is preferred
• At least 5+ years of large corporation finance experience with heavy emphasis on analytics.
• Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality.
• Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture.
• Strong skills in accessing and using analytical tools, advanced computer literacy.
• Industry experience in partnering with services and product development organizations -- technology experience a plus
• Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while still delivering to expectations.