Amazon Aurora is an exciting new area of innovation for AWS, and the PostgreSQL-compatible edition of Amazon Aurora is the newest part of it. The PostgreSQL-compatible version of Amazon Aurora is a new relational database which offers enterprise-class performance, availability and durability - all at open source prices - to our customers, along with the management benefits of RDS. We’re a relatively new team in Database Services, one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon Web Services. We are spread across Seattle, the Bay Area, and Boston. Not only do we have deep database and systems programming problems to solve for our customers, but we also minimize the effort required to maintain SQL databases by automating administrative tasks like backup and restore, scaling CPU, RAM, storage and replication, failover for high availability; allowing our customers to spend their valuable time focused on building their businesses.
We have challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, database internals, languages, and performance engineering. We intend to be the world's best and fastest database - come join us on the journey!
For more information about RDS, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds
. For more information about Aurora, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora
The Aurora Postgres team delivers and enhances the Postgres open source database as a service to thousands of Amazon customers. With only a few clicks our customers are able to provision a Postgres database fully configured to take advantage of the security, durability, and scalability of the AWS infrastructure. We are looking for seasoned developers accustomed to building highly performant, reliable, and scalable systems to join our team and help us take Aurora Postgres to new levels of functionality, performance, and scale.
What is in it for you?
- Huge impact: Work on a service that is used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
- Immediate gratification: The development processes are set up for quick iteration and constantly shipping new code.
- Critical: Databases are cornerstones to many of our customers applications.
- Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the services we deliver.
- Learn: Work alongside some of Amazon's most senior engineers and learn how to build robust large-scale distributed systems.
- Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day.
- Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, come over and jump in!
- Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also have a fun environment.