The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Solution Architecture team is seeking an experienced Program Manager to produce and manage our large-scale Technical Summits around the world from conception through to completion.
As the Global Technical Summits Program Manager, this individual will focus on defining and managing the Technical Summits calendar and will drive overall planning, logistics, budgeting, execution and post analysis of events. Our Technical Summits are a primary Enablement mechanism for our technical employees (Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers and Technical Trainers). This includes geo-based Technical Summits and technology-based Summits (ie, Security Summit). In addition to the Technical Summits, this individual will partner with the Sales Enablement team to coordinate the agenda and participation of our Solution Architects for Sales Kickoff (SKO).
Roles and Responsibilities include:
· Defining the overall strategy and outcomes for AWS Technical Summits
· Creating a consistent experience in delivery and branding regardless of location
· Driving the planning, logistics, budgeting, execution and post analysis of all large-scale Technical Summits around the world
· Partnering with Sales Enablement for defining Technical audience requirements for SKO
Day in the Life of:
· You will develop, execute and manage a comprehensive Technical Summits strategy designed to enable or technical employees across the depth and breadth of the platform.
· You will develop the event process to drive efficiencies and consistency across the organization.
· You’ll build clear and detailed event timelines, prioritize work streams and ensure deliverables are met on time.
· You will collaborate with cross-functional teams including but not limited to Sales, Solutions Architecture, Professional Services, Support and Training and Certification to determine event objectives and drive pre and post-event execution.
· You will lead tactical execution of the Technical Summits encompassing event selection, staffing as well as overall end-to-end project management.
· You will track progress, understand dependencies and provide timely communication for Technical Summit attendees, staff and stakeholders to ensure event objectives and requirements are understood.
· Maximize cross-functional collaboration by putting in place regular meetings in the lead-up to events as well as on-site communications.
· You will manage event follow-up and conduct analysis to determine ROI in support of making recommendations in terms of future participation in events.
· Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key Technical Summits as needed.