Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
Amazon is seeking a talented and motivated Electrical Engineer to work on system design, implementation and release to manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have experience in system design, analog and digital circuit design, possess good communication skills, and have the ability to help build a team of Electrical Engineers. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. This position reports directly to the Hardware Systems Manager.
Some of the key job functions of the Electrical Engineer include:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Coordinate activities within the engineering discipline for the project.
- Ensure coordination with other disciplines is effective for each
- Understanding of technical principles and concepts in Electrical Engineering
- Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans and test procedures
- Architecting, designing and implementing complex embedded system, analog and digital circuit design and systems debugging
- Supporting product releases to manufacturing and customer deployments
- Execute tasks to aggressive schedules
- Establish development processes to meet industry standards for functionally safe control systems (IEC 61508).