About Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
As Sr PM for AWS HR, you’ll be responsible for owning and managing HR scope in AWS-specific Expansion, system integration, or process improvement programs and projects. This role has direct partnership with AWS HR Line Organizations but also partners extremely closely with the AWS business and Amazon’s central HR. Specific initiatives this year will including building and executing AWS’s existing country expansion roadmap (with emphasis on programmatic datacenter launch and post-launch handover); developing cultural assimilation strategies; and developing an operational support model to reduce expansion burden on line Human Resources. There will also be additional HR Projects, with specific focus on building compliance and scalability of growth into HR systems and technology.
Key competencies and success factors of the role include:
- Makes optimal tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope, and applies advanced knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
- Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of challenges and interdependencies to prevent downstream problems.
- Relies heavily on influence – not authority – to drive teams and resources toward project goals.
- Frequency, size and manner of escalation demonstrate good judgment and appropriate prioritization.
- Plays a significant role with business leaders to determine potential risks to a schedule and make difficult tradeoffs decisions.
- Use advanced professional concepts, resolves complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Operates with significant autonomy and discretion.
- Has significant creativity and good judgment.