We are seeking a Sr Voice Interaction Designer to join the Alexa Skills team. Run with the spirit and energy of a start-up, this group is focused on delivering cutting edge voice experiences with the largest brands out there. As a member of this team, you will be on the forefront of the voice revolution, working closely with Solution Architects, Business Development Managers, and top-tier partners to design world-class, voice-first experiences for content and services. You will work with, and mold the future of the most visible and complex skills on the Alexa platform.
Your role will be as a subject matter expert in voice user interface (VUI), conversational and multi-modal UI design, partnering with our Solutions Architects and Business Development Managers to drive the success of our partner integrations. You will be the “face of Amazon” with strategic partners and drive design-focused discussions with senior leaders/CxO in those organizations.
You will also be able to think strategically about business, product, and design challenges and map the intersection of partner needs and Amazon priorities. The ideal candidate will possess excellent customer engagement and communication skills as well as the design background to fluently interact and provide guidance to partner development teams.
We are looking for a designer who can:
· Use rock-solid methods and techniques to produce the right voice artifacts for every given design situation
· Confidently explain to stakeholders and partners the design rationale used to create solutions
· Combine experience, research, and analysis of information and data to inform VUI improvement
· Appreciate and pursue great end-to-end experiences, paying attention to flow, context, micro-interactions, performance, and tone
· Speak authoritatively on concepts of Voice design in daily iterations with solutions architects, business development managers, product managers, engineers, and testers
· Document best practices and create design resources that can be used by other disciplines
· Provide technical consultation to strategic development partners
· Develop unique, compelling and exciting presentations and demonstrations of new Amazon technologies
· Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
· Thrive in a nimble, start-up like environment
· Communicate clearly and think quickly