Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent activity among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions across the globe? What would you do to increase trust in an online marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers transact? How would you build systems that evolve over time to proactively identify and neutralize new and emerging fraud threats?
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to transact online. TRMS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites, while striving to ensure that these efforts are transparent to our legitimate customers. As such, TRMS designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
As a Business Analyst in TRMS, you will be responsible for analyzing terabytes of data to identify specific instances of risk, broader risk trends and points of customer friction, developing scalable solutions for prevention. You will work with team members to ensure that the volume being flagged for manual review aligns with available capacity and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) are met. In addition you will be responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics and will utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
- Understand the various operations across TRMS
- Understand the requirements of stakeholders and map them with the data sources/data warehouse
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics using SQL and Tableau.
- Provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, risk assessment and system availability)
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to improve operations performance with the help of Operations Analytics managers
- Perform business analysis and data queries using SAS/R
- Execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategy recommendations
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent deposit and debit card fraud