Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Manager of Employee Global Space Planning to serve as the single-threaded leader for all AWS space-related projects and initiatives around the world. This leader will be responsible for creating and executing a strategy for managing all AWS space needs and leading a team to support this dynamic effort.
This leader will partner with the Amazon Real Estate and Facilities Team to create a forward- thinking strategy around space usage, plan for high growth, and develop innovative ideas for AWS teams as it relates to the work environment, productivity, and employee experience. The leader will also partner with the AWS Finance Team to implement headcount forecasting and analytics to improve decision-making. This leader will build a global team to lead management of key stakeholders.
If you like working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where you can solve problems, implement solutions, and innovate to help shape the AWS employee experience, then this is the role for you! Responsibilities include:
- Own AWS space planning process from documentation and communication of business requirements to implementation, measurement, and providing input around design/negotiation.
- Partner with and own communication and decision-making on space plans with all levels of AWS leaders and in particular the VP of Finance.
- Create new and innovative ideas around employee space; rigorously measure success and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage a pipeline and strategy of demand projections and migrations for AWS.
- Serve as the global leader and main point of contact to ensure AWS employees have optimal facilities solutions. This includes ensuring proper project management and communication with appropriate stakeholders for migrations and related space changes.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and develop and implement solutions to address these opportunities.
- Expand and grow a global team to provide optimal customer service to AWS employees and stakeholders
- Develop and present monthly dashboards/visualizations and metrics to AWS leadership, and communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote teams.
- Operationalize, interpret, and strategize with identified workforce planning data to design optimal global space planning proposals.
- Drive strategic relationship management by developing mechanisms and strategies at multiple levels of the organization.