The Amazon Device Business Intelligence Team is looking for a passionate and solution oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to run analytical solutions that deepen our collective understanding of customers, influence innovation, and deliver actionable insights. Amazon.com has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands insights and recommendations that are timely, accurate, and actionable. At Amazon, you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data environments.
The ideal candidate has outstanding business acumen, a restlessness to answer “why?” questions, excellent technical skills, strong analytical abilities, superior written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. He/she will work closely with Kindle Product, Marketing, Finance teams and with the broader BI community.
The ideal candidate will:
- Build scalable solutions/self-serve platforms that will provide data/KPIs to inform business decision making
- Investigate data sources across Amazon and expand existing device data infrastructure
- Identify, develop, manage, and execute analyses to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the device customer engagement, sales and marketing roadmap.
- Develop a thorough understanding of customer behavior, competitive product trends, and business drivers to inform decision making
- Analyze key insight trends and build models that predict customer behavior, using statistical rigor to simplify and provide thought leadership to device product and marketing groups
- Collaborate with finance and product management as a leader of ongoing analytical support