AWS Developer Tools needs a technically deep, experienced Senior Software Engineer to act as a technical lead for the software development teams that own Issue Management for all of Amazon/AWS. This space delivers the in-house software platforms, web services and web apps that are used by more than 90,000 unique internal users every day. These are the core software technologies that Amazon and AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all of the software events, agile deliveries, projects, programs, and business processes across the entire company.
You will have a broad role in being the technical leader delivering new web apps and web services that must tackle a wide range of issue management, event management, engagement, business process workflow, project management and agile processes in the company. These webapps, platforms, and services are used by every Amazon employee, often many times a day, from fulfillment workers on up to senior leadership, plus hundreds of other automated clients through our web services.
As a technical software leader in this organization, you will also own driving a technical solution to productize our internal solution(s) into external AWS SaaS for everyone in the world. This includes being deeply involved with your business leadership in setting a product vision, strategy and roadmap for such product.
As a Senior Software Engineer in this role you will:
· Lead and mentor up to 12-15 other junior and mid-level software engineers in the design, architecture and implementation of a variety of software projects in this space
· Build compelling and innoviative software capabilities and services from scratch, keeping technical debt low, quality high and be operationally excellent
· Work very closely with your customers and have very strong ownership over the product vision, direction and technical approach
· Work at as many levels as necessary: the single-page webapp, the REST service layer, the backend platform architecture, and the AWS services we leverage (ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Simple Workflow, SNS/SQS, S3, EC2)
· Automate the operation of systems to scale horizontally and operate at four nines availability
· Iterate development of our unique, multi-master, multi-region replicated distributed system platform service that is used by multiple other customers
Want to learn more about AWS Developer Tools? https://aws.amazon.com/careers/devtools-jobs/