Amazon is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative communications professional to join our operations communication team.
As a Communications Manager, you will help manage strategic external communications and community relations for Amazon's fulfillment facilities in the north-east region of the U.S, which include Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, New York, and New England, among other areas. The ideal candidate would be based in this geographic area with an ability to travel regularly to fulfillment center communities and have established relationships - or the ability to quickly establish relationships with locally-based media, stakeholders, and community leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need excellent communications skills, exemplary writing ability, exceptional initiative, and a talent for collaboration and working independently. You should have experience delivering results with high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must.
Core Job responsibilities:
- Develop and manage the execution of external media engagement programs in cities with Amazon operations such as high-visibility building milestone events, community donations with local elected officials, press facility tours and filming opportunities, and other media relations activities
- Deliver communications counsel to internal executives on both short- and long-term challenges and opportunities
- Research and integrate industry news, trends and compelling angles into PR programs
- Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, and related media materials for Amazon’s operations business
- Manage an external public relations agency and direct reports who focus on community engagement initiatives
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges
- Build and maintain relationships with key consumer and trade media - both national and local in audience
- Effectively represent Amazon as a spokesperson