The Amazon Devices Brand Creation team is seeking a detail-oriented, customer-obsessed manager who will build the program management team to support the brand strategy, naming, packaging, localization, and content strategy functions that support the Amazon Devices marketing organization. In this role, you will define and execute resourcing, traffic management and overall support models for the team. You will manage small but growing team, while also maintaining ownership of key programs. You will have the opportunity to work across one of the world’s fastest growing and most innovative product portfolios, including Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets and Kindle.
You and your team will maintain a master roadmap of programs, identify the resources required to support the work, create and maintain schedules, and drive daily communication with various teams including packaging design and operations. Your team will manage the packaging localization process (a packaging localization manager will report to you). You and the team will work with teams across a variety of disciplines and locales, managing inputs and complex dependencies in order to execute each global version of the packaging artwork (including single- and multi-language versions.) You will be expected to escalate issues and unmet dependencies as appropriate to ensure every project is delivered on time, while insisting on the highest standards. Naming and packaging are the very first deliverables in the go-to-market process, which requires that this leader thrive in ambiguity, approach change and challenges with a positive attitude, retaining focus on the fact that our packaging is the first physical contact most customers will have with our devices. You will also create a resourcing and overall program management model to support the copywriting team, which does not yet exist.
A successful candidate will bring exceptional project management leadership experience in a creative environment, and the ability to effectively lead global cross-functional teams. He or she will be able to thrive while scaling contributions from big picture process invention and simplification to detailed execution. The ideal candidate will have experience building teams from the ground up. This position requires strong business judgment, detail orientation, problem solving, and superior written and verbal communication skills. A track record of delivering results in a fast paced, dynamic environment is a must.
· Define and lead the program management support for the brand marketing team.
· Work collaboratively with the brand functional leads, design and operations teams to establish timelines, track dependencies and report status against key milestones. Adjust, update, and communicate project plans as needed.
· Create approval matrixes for each global packaging launch, ensuring contacts remain up-to-date.
· Drive packaging inputs, manage iterations, and route approvals with global content owners, marketing leads and legal.
· Apply high judgement to escalate when dependencies aren’t met or resources aren’t sufficient.
· Own the localization process and playbook, with a constant eye to invent and simplify the process.
· Onboard new team members to the process as appropriate.
· Hire and develop talent.
Present and lead conversations about projects, issues, solutions, and strategy to senior leaders.