Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of enterprise, government and start-up business and organizations in over 190 countries around the world. Launched in 2006, Amazon Web Services officially began offering developer customers access to web services – now widely known as cloud computing – based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud data enters. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Finance Manager to partner with stakeholders across AWS to be the lead for cost assignment process for Infrastructure costs to different service P&L’s (EC2, S3, etc) and segment reporting. The successful candidate must be able to perform dive deep analytics, communicate effectively, and build automated solutions.
- Drive the core financial processes including Annual Operating Plans, Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews and Quarterly Risks and Opportunities (R&O) related to the cost allocations process.
- Develop the cost assignment methodology for some of the newer AWS products that do not follow the standard process.
- Partner with the TM1 systems team on development roadmap for work needed to enhance, improve and automate the manual workarounds with the existing cost assignment process.
- Develop, report on, and analyze key metrics that drive actionable goals to ensure we are running a lean business while exceeding customer expectations
- Develop and implement financial processes that drive clarity on ownership and results in improved controllership mechanisms.
- Engage with Tax & Accounting on an ongoing basis to evaluate the impact on segment reporting
- Direct and lead a high performance team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity - Affirmative Action Employer – Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.