Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Amazon Alexa has an opportunity for a dynamic manager to lead our teams in the spoken language understanding field. We are continually adding new capabilities to Alexa across many languages and domains. The foundation for our progress is our ability to work with language data, manage design in the data space, keep consistency across languages, and to develop the talent on our teams. We are looking for a leader with the ability to guide teams through decisions in the language and computational linguistitic fields with a goal of improving the customer experience.
This role requires a leader able to translate ideas into actionable plans, to inspire and coach a talented team, to see and champion a vision for language data and the Alexa roadmap, and get us there through concrete practical steps. You will ideally have a broad range of domain skills focusing in the spoken language or natural language understanding fields. You will be experienced in data from several languages and comfortable in working with language structures. You will help the team to evaluate their deliverables and processes and understand the success metrics for their work. Your team will be filled with talented people requiring management skills that enable them to thrive.
- Understand business requirements and map them to technical requirements
- Build and evolve plans for data annotation, schema design, tooling, execution workflows
- Scale the workflows to other domains and languages
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Clean, analyze and select data to achieve goals
- Collaborate with colleagues from science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Present proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions