Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to manage critical core infrastructure software project, manage intra-organizational customer relationships and provide leadership during unplanned operational incidents. AWS is a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing; this is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, industry-leading technology business.
As a Program Manager, your responsibilities will span multiple subject areas, including internal projects, customer products and internal operations. Business-impacting projects you would be responsible for will enhance datacenter efficiency through automation. The projects require timely execution with the highest degrees of security, performance, availability and reliability. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, extremely organized individual with experience in creating methodology and building value at a global scale. The role requires the ability to quickly assimilate knowledge spanning numerous technology subjects and apply this to projects, products and operations. Working with Support, Systems, Development and Process engineers, you will drive significant initiatives to improve data center operational efficiencies.
As a Technical Program Manager on the team:
· You will have end-to-end ownership of cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution
· You will assimilate yourself with our customers’ day-to-day operations in order to identify improvement opportunities
· You will be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solution to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment
· You will be responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus
· You will work closely with the development teams and play a leadership role in product architecture and design
· You will be empowered to define methodology and determine better methods for measuring and reporting on Project/Product KPI