Amazon Web Services (AWS) Database Migration Service is looking for a rock-star full stack engineer to build world-class user interfaces for our customers. If you’re an application engineer, and you have the skills to create highly interactive and well-designed web interfaces, then AWS is looking for you. You will work on architecting, designing and implementing high performant console applications for our customers to interact with AWS services.
Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest
growing division within Amazon.
AWS Database Migration Service helps you migrate databases to AWS easily and securely. With AWS Database Migration Service, the source database remains fully operational during the migration, minimizing downtime to applications that rely on the database.
The AWS Schema Conversion Tool makes heterogeneous database migrations easy and simple by automatically converting the entire database schema and a majority of the custom code of the source database to a format compatible with the target database. Any code that cannot be automatically converted is clearly marked so that it can be manually converted.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our team and help us take the service and the tools to the next level. To apply for this role, you should possess solid analytical, design and problem diagnosis skills. Experience with high-performance systems or service design is a plus. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements through all the levels of the software stack is essential. Expertise in building developer tools or plugins for tools like Eclipse, InteliJ, NetBeans, Visual Studio and others is required as well as a deep expertise in one or more relational database engines. If this sounds like you, come join us in our Palo Alto, CA campus and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
More information on AWS DMS and AWS SCT is available at http://aws.amazon.com/dms
or https://aws.amazon.com/dms#sctWho you are:
Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon.
- Highly-motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with smart people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Have build applications using Java based stacks such as Spring MVC, Play, GWT, etc.
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals, Object Oriented Design and Data Structures.
- Have experience in basic cross browser support, caching and optimization techniques (css sprite, minify, gzip, data uri) for faster page load times.
- Have experience in developing consumer facing web applications using Ajax.
- Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies.