Amazon is seeking a Data Associate to join our Kindle data team. We are building language solutions that power Kindle products.
This role focuses on language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Associate must be capable of:
◦ Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
◦ Delivering high quality work under aggressive deadlines
◦ Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
◦ Working autonomously with minimal direction
◦ Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
◦ Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the Data Associate will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers’ requests and change workflows accordingly. The Associate should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The Data Associate must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. The ideal candidate also:
◦ Shows proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems
◦ Possesses excellent communication and organizational skills, and is very detailed-oriented
◦ Is comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
◦ Demonstrates willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
◦ Adapts quickly to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects