Amazon is seeking a senior manager to focus on US federal and international tax audit issues. The position is to join a team in Amazon’s tax group directly responsible for the management of IRS audits and other audits in various tax jurisdictions.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in day-to-day tactical details. The candidate must demonstrate a proven ability to identify and manage tax risks. Candidate should have in-depth tax technical knowledge. Candidate must be able to communicate, written and verbal, complex tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
In addition, interacting with other members of the Amazon tax team handling various tax issues including information reporting, indirect tax, mergers and acquisitions, and tax compliance. The role will include:
· Prepare written materials and analyses describing and supporting US federal tax return positions
· Assist in reviewing tax positions to assess and mitigate compliance risks
· Advise Amazon tax teams on a wide variety of direct, indirect, and international tax issues
· Interact with members of the business and other corporate services departments
· Assist with informational interviews of members in various business teams
· Communicate and attend meetings with the IRS and other tax jurisdictions
· Prepare and present presentations on various tax issues to tax authorities
· Review domestic and international tax related filings
· Coordinate delivery of information requests, ensuring consistency across various jurisdictions