The Amazon Web Institute seeks an energetic, results-oriented content manager in Washington, DC to develop content for private roundtables convening though leaders and developing innovative ideas and action plans around using technology to advance the public sector globally.
Responsibilities include developing strategies and programs specific to the Public Sector market/ecosystem, business value and methods of addressing big problems with simple solutions. An ideal candidate will have a combination of strong presentation skills; proven record in driving diverse members in a coalition, experience in the public sector, interacting with officials; drive to achieve; and a natural inclination to focus on and deliver detail driven work. Success criteria for this position will be based on delivered impact of innovations on the public sector market. The position also requires a strong acumen around key policy issues.
The Content manager will support the institute’s efforts to convene public sector leaders to understand and use technology to advance the public sector. You will build event programs for the AWS Institute in our key areas including government transformation, smart cities, cybersecurity and safety, education and workforce development agribusiness, environment and sustainability,
This is a highly collaborative role –you’ll work closely with the AWS sales, public policy, and marketing teams to align priorities and work programs. You will construct agendas, and source and curate content on a range of topics including economic development and job creation, government digital transformation, privacy and security, education and workforce development. The ideal candidate is an efficient and hands-on strategic thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, high-volume production environment. Key responsibilities:
· Develop repeatable and scalable event programs for startup technical leaders and developers
· Construct event agendas, source and curate content, working closely with internal teams
· Research topics to identify key sector leaders, influencers and trends shaping the sectors
· Lead content development for Program managers to implement in each region
· Measure, analyze, and report on results of events to iterate and improve
· Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and proactively to solve problems
· Ability to communicate and demonstrate successful models of technology applications
· Requires the ability to travel up to 35% domestic and international.