NATIONWIDE LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES!
This role is a 10 week internship starting in the summer of 2018.
Are you looking to become a leader in a global operation that has hundreds of leaders and thousands of employees? Would you like the challenge of delivering continuously improved customer experiences to millions and millions of customers? Could you assume financial responsibility that impacts both the bottom line and shareholder expectations for a growing Fortune 100 corporation? If you want to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are dynamic and an organized self-starter, join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Maintenance Manager Intern—opportunities nationwide!
Amazon is looking for college students with high potential, who are ready to own their impact in Amazon Operations. We promise you will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership style, while mastering the tools, processes, and operations that have created the most customer-centric company on Earth.
As an Area Maintenance Manager Intern, you will have the opportunity to OWN YOUR IMPACT by leading a team of maintenance and cross-functional associates to create a safe and efficient working environment in one of Amazon’s fulfillment centers. Ensuring smooth processes at your Site will directly impact the ability of our Operation’s team to get product to our customers. Additionally, during your internship you will dive into Standard Work, Innovation and Continuous Improvement through an intern project. Most projects are rooted in process improvement and in the past have included creating operator based preventative maintenance initiatives, equipment performance and efficiency statistical analyses, and maintenance process mapping. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Job Requirements:
Program Quick Facts & Locations:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between December 2018-June 2019
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Willingness to work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Willingness to relocate nationwide for the summer with relocation assistance (position location is most heavily weighted on business need but will also take into account individual location preference)
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- The position will be located in a Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, Delivery Station, or other operations
- Term: 10 weeks during the summer of 2018
- Benefits: Competitive Salary, Relocation and Housing Assistance
- Opportunity: An offer for full time employment may be given after the internship
- Locations are nationwide
- The position is not a corporate position based out of Seattle, WA
Job Elements (to be performed with or without accommodation)
- Drive Standard Work and Continuous Improvement through an intern project
- Owning, deep diving for data to support a recommendation, and driving resolution for a technical engineering or maintenance project
- Leading informational pre-shift standup discussions with both exempt and non-exempt Amazon associates
- Seeking out information and data among cross-functional organizations (Safety, Finance, Quality, etc.) and working with those groups to arrive at either a recommendation or resolution to your individual project
- Traveling to similar sites to gather and share best practices in your individual project study
- Communicating effectively with both exempt and non-exempt teammates to collaborate on effective solutions in your individual study
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
- Walking in/ around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- A driver’s license is strongly recommended due to the remote nature of many internship locations