The Amazon Kindle Non-Fiction team is looking for an innovative, analytical and results-oriented Product Manager to help grow our eBooks business. This person will impact everything from content acquisition to browse and discovery through to the reading experience, helping to drive demand for and engagement with Kindle books.
The ideal candidate has an established track record developing customer experiences, strong analytical skills, and excellent project management skills. In this role, you will need to be an effective communicator and have the motivation to achieve results in an ambiguous space. This position requires someone who can think creatively about new opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead the creation and definition of innovative business, product and customer experience concepts with the extended team of business managers, designers, technology managers, and cross-functional teams that will ultimately support the design (e.g. operations, customer service, etc.)
- Write product/marketing requirements documents (which serve as a bridge from high-level business requirements to the functional specification) and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams. Requirements should be based on intimate knowledge of the product, space, existing data analysis, current customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors)
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
- Establish the product mission, goals, and supporting business metrics and indicators for success
- Measure and analyze existing products for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to customers
- Research and identify new opportunities for Amazon to further distinguish itself as the clear leader in offering an end-to-end digital reading experience