We are seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Transportation Manager to assist in the tactical management, procurement, and execution of linehaul movements. An ideal candidate has a background in leading a successful Transportation operations team and/or Freight Brokerage and Freight Forwarding, and have the ability to lead a team, evaluate and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to work independently in a stress environment and exercise sound judgment where clear guidelines may not exist. The successful candidate will be proficient at solving complex logistics problems, possess a bias to get things done, and deliver results.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and hires qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age or disability. RESPONSIBILITIES
· Building a high performance team comprising Brokerage leaders and program managers, and mentoring them to achieve uplift in overall performance.
· Onboarding strategic 3P carrier for the transportation operations.
· Proactively monitoring the transportation chain to identify, address, and prevent potential issues and opportunity areas.
· Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, IT Tech Developers and others).
· Leading initiatives to optimize transportation lead times, costs and service levels.
· Systematically escalating problems or variance in the operating plan to the relevant owners/teams, and following through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
· Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed and ensuring service requirements are met.