Amazon’s Transportation Operations team is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Transportation Specialist to assist in the resolution of stakeholder issues of daily freight movements flowing into and out of our North American fulfillment centers and our associated fulfillment network. This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team in a huge growth area for Amazon.
An ideal candidate has a background in transportation and excellent data driven problem resolution skills. He/she has the ability to pull and analyze data with ease, drive process improvements, standardize our processes and eliminate the root cause of defects within the current systems. This job will require exceptional communication skills while having the ability to work independently in a high pressure environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continual, tactical communication with external customers (Carriers, Vendors/Suppliers) and internal customers (Retail, Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
- Ability to pull data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as needed
- Publish performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
- Identify and eliminate root causes of defects in order to drive efficiency in Amazon’s transportation operations.
- Must be able to quickly understand the business impact of the trends and make decisions that make sense based on available data.
- Must be able to systematically escalate problems or variance in the information and data to the relevant owners and teams and follow through on the resolutions to ensure they are delivered.
- Work within various time constraints to meet critical business needs, while measuring and identifying activities performed.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and written as you will be required to create a narrative outlining your weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
*Note- this position may require working weekends long term.